Happiness Is...

...a new international trailer for Serenity (the US trailer is still available here).

Some thoughts, after multiples viewings:

  • Holy frikking hell, that's gonna be one beautiful movie.
  • And funny too. "...or, we could talk more." Heh heh.
  • "Six rebels on the run"? How do you get six? Serenity's crew number five. Inara and Book are passengers, and neither of them are rebels. If you count Simon, you have to count River too, which brings you to seven.
  • Speaking of Inara and Book, where are they? Inara shows up in the background of a couple of shots but has no lines. Book doesn't even get that much.
  • Oh my God, will you look at that shot with the guy walking through River's face.
  • Looks like there's going to be the requisite scene in which the crew threaten to walk out on their maverick captain because He's Gone Too Far.
  • I still have no idea what this movie is about and what's going to happen in it, and I watched Firefly's entire original run. I can't imagine what a non-fan would make of it. I can only conclude that the trailer's purpose is to make people go 'wow' and 'heh' a lot in the hopes that this will get them to buy tickets.
  • I honestly don't think there's a movie I know about that I want to see more than this one.
  • Which is unfortunate, because the odds that it'll be released theatrically in Israel are slim to none.
  • OK, now I'm less happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2023 Hugo Awards: Somehow, It Got Worse

Recent Movie: The Batman

The 2023 Hugo Awards: Now With an Asterisk